Friday, July 18, 2008

Down the Rabbit Hole

Tavşan Deliğinden Aşağı
b
"Alice opened the door and found that it led into a small passage, not much larger than a rat-hole: she knelt down and looked along the passage into the loveliest garden you ever saw. How she longed to get out of that dark hall, and wander about among those beds of bright flowers and those cool fountains, but she could not even get her head through the doorway; `and even if my head would go through,' thought poor Alice, `it would be of very little use without my shoulders. Oh, how I wish I could shut up like a telescope! I think I could, if I only knew how to begin.' For, you see, so many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible." *
bosluk

bosluk

Bu küçük evi görünce, "Geç kaldım!" diyen telaşlı beyaz tavşanın deliğinden içeri düşüp de Harikalar Diyarı'nın minik kapısından sığamadığı için bir teleskop gibi kapanarak küçülmenin yollarını arayan Alis gibi hissettim kendimi. O küçülmenin bir yolunu bulmuştu, belki ben de bulurum...

bosluk

bosluk

If I can't shrink, maybe the house will grow. Or at least inspire me to turn my house into a "wonderhouse" like this one.

Ben küçülemezsem, belki bu ev büyür. Ya da en azından kendi evimi bir 'harikalar evi'ne çevirmem için ilham verir bana.

bosluk

bosluk

I wonder where the tiny people who live here are hiding when we are peeking inside their home?

Biz yuvalarını gözetlerken bu evde yaşayan mini mini insancıklar nereye saklanıyorlar acaba?

bosluk

b

A tidy woman rules this kitchen. Look at her little broom, she placed it in a handy location.

Tertipli bir hanımcık hükmediyor bu mutfağa. Bakın süpürgesini nasıl da el altında tutuyor.

bosluk

b

I can see they like wine and ale, so I know they giggle a lot when holding dinner parties.

Şarabı ve şırayı sevdikleri belli; akşam yemeklerinde bol bol kıkırdıyorlar belli ki...
b


b
This lil' lady knows how to dress...
b
Pek de şık elbiseleri...
b
bosluk
Don't forget the shoes, and the suitcase.
bosluk
Ayakkabıları ve valizciğini de unutmamak gerek...
bosluk

b

If they live in a doll house, where do doll's dolls live?

Onların oyuncak bebekleri nerede yaşıyor peki?

b



b
*Paragraph from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.

Source - Kaynak

13 comments:

Delfina ; said...

VURULDUM BE ALİŞ VURULDUM ŞİMDİ BU EVE :) HEM DE MİNNNAAACIK YAW...

Fifi Flowers said...

TRULY INCREDIBLE! WOW!

Ella Gregory said...

I like it a lot though it isn't my personal taste.

Wendiva said...

this house looks SOOO CUTE! i wanna live in there. yes, you'll be inspired now to make your house just like that, i know i am!!

discotheque confusion said...

it is the most perfectly formed little dolls house.

i'm suddenly struck by the desire to be playing with my sylvanian families at my granny's house!

Ana Balbinot said...

Thanks for visit and tagged me!!! You made me very, very, happy!
Hope to see u many times.
By the way, I tagged you too!
XOXO

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

oh wow alis, this is my dream house I wish I lived there! It reminds me of a barbie doll house for some reason everything is so cute and perfect!!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

don't worry you may not have to remove your teeth my boyfriend is 28 and has his with no plans for removal. some people are lucky but yes it's possible they might start bothering him someday.

The entire ordeal wasn't as bad as it sounded you don't feel anything and the pain is just soreness.

TIG said...

Completely adorable and so sweetly decorated! Love the little white frilly daybed.

alis said...

İşitme kaybı - boşuna dememişler herşeyin küçüğü güzel diye :)

fifi flowers - I'm amazed by the patient person who built all these tiny pretty details.

coco - It is a doll house after all, and understandably a very girly one.

wendiva - It took be a few seconds before I realized it wasn't an actual house :)

discothequechic - I had a doll house when I was little, but I didn't have dolls small enough to fit so I had a tiny bear family living there instead :) So my inital thought of habitants was mama-papa-brother-baby bears.

Ana balbinot- Thank YOU :)

Jen- Barbie is too trashy for this house; maybe those awesome vintage barbies?
Also thanks for the consolation:)

{this is glamorous} - Thanks, sweet as candy indeed. Although it kind of bugs me that some little girl out there has a doll house decorated better than my actual house :)

Decor To Adore said...

The furniture is oh so quaint.

To answer your question on my blog: the majority of my overseas travel has been due to my husband's career in the military. He is now retired and works for another company that has positions all over the world.

My travel here in the states was done in the following manner:

If you are young and single take a year off and purchase an inter Euro train ticket. Stay in youth hostels and if employment is needed you can always find small temporary jobs just by asking the locales.
It is a risk; you must be made of a strong constitution. But, you will never regret it and it will probably become one of the most treasured years of your life.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! Full of poetry and so romantic!
I'm a big fan of Alice too, I wrote a post about her some days ago.
I'll come back to see more!

Furniture Rumah Terbaru said...

Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi
Jati Pribumi