Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Honey & Spice

Bal ve Baharat
bosluk
Today I have a lovely link for my French-speaking readers. There is a lovely French girl out there, traveling all around Turkey, and she is writing about it on her blog. A Canadian reader recently asked me about what to do in a short trip to Istanbul, and I'm sorry to say I didn't have the chance to answer her questions in time as I didn't have access to my personal e-mail. I really hope she speaks French and can read this before she leaves, because this blog, Du miel aux épices d'Istanbul, has a perfect guide to travel around Istanbul. Too bad I can't understand all her great experiences but the pictures on the blog are enough to prove this lovely blogger has seen every interesting corner of Istanbul that I haven't seen. Here is the Istanbul guide.
bosluk

"Kahve Keyfi" (Coffee Pleasure), painting from the Pera Museum.
bosluk


Küçüksu Pavilion. A "tiny" house for short length getaways from the palace of the Ottoman royalty and burjuvazi. When I was little, we used to go there with my family a lot. There used to be a floating tea house on the sea, overlooking this pavilion. They had the tastiest grilled cheese sandvich ever, and wafer halva sellers used to walk around, yum.

bosluk

Yeniköy district.
bosluk

Kanyon shopping center, shaped like a canyon. It's an open space with corridors and glass bridges. Very windy too.


Bugünkü yazım Fransızca bilenlere. Kanadalı bir okurum İstanbul'a geliyormuş, bana birkaç soru sordu. Cevaplayabildiğim kadarını cevapladım ama ikinci parti gelen sorularına cevap yazmaya fırsat bulamadım. Umarım Fransızca biliyordur ve hala bunu okumaya vakti vardır, çünkü Fransız bir kızın yazdığı bu Türkiye rehberi bir harika. Okuyamıyorum ama resimler ne maceralara atıldığını, İstanbul'u nasıl karış karış gezdiğini anlatıyor. Bütün Türkiye'yi kapsayan maceraları burada, İstanbul gezileri ise burada.


Middle two images from Du miel aux épices.

No comments: