Saturday, January 28, 2012

Abodes Alike

Denk Daireler


This home looks a lot like my apartment in a bit more done state. Had it been ever finished, mine would be a tad more colorful with a healthy amount of tartan and animal illustrations. I'm posting this to remind myself to get framed artwork for my blank walls and to deal with the curtain situation already!

Bu ev tarzıyla benim dairemin daha tamamlanmış bir durumda olsa nasıl görünebileceğini düşündürdü bana. Bir gün biterse şayet benimki yeterli dozda ekose desenler ve hayvan ilüstrasyonları ile biraz daha renkli olurdu. Bu evi kendime duvarları boş bırakmamayı ve perde problemini çözmeyi hatırlatması için yayımlıyorum.


Black wall? Got it, love it. / Siyah duvar? Var, seviyorum.


Uh I can't stand paper lanterns though, I would photoshop it out of this photo if I could.

Şu kağıt fenerlere tahammül edemiyorum yalnız, resimden photoshop'la silebilsem silerdim, o derece. 



I'm not getting the kitchen redone anytime soon, but boy do I want to paint them! But probably won't, as I'm afraid I'll muck it up and end up with gooey patchy cupboards.

Yakın gelecekte bir mutfak renovasyonu gözükmüyor bana, ancak mutfak dolaplarımı bazen nasıl boyayasım geliyor anlatamam. Mahvederim de bulaşık bulaşık ve lekeli dolaplarla yaşamak zorunda kalırım diye kalkışmıyorum. 


Not getting the bathroom redone either, but this is similar to the color scheme I have to work with. One thing that annoys me about bathrooms in Turkish houses is that they never have windows. Even if you are building a house from scratch, like my parents did, the builders cannot grasp the concept of a bathroom window and make them significantly smaller than what you have in mind.

Banyoda da planladığım bir değişiklik yok, kendim seçsem farklı yapardım ama banyomdaki renk skalası üstteki gibi olduğu için şikayetçi değilim. Türk evlerinde beni sinir eden bir şey banyoların daima penceresiz oluşu. Sıfırdan ev yapmaya kalksanız dahi, ailemin yaptığı gibi, pencereli banyo konseptini inşaatçıların kafaları almıyor ve güç bela hayalinizden bariz bir şekilde daha küçük pencerelere razı oluyorsunuz.


My favorite part of this house is the simple and cozy bedroom. This would make an excellent guest bedroom. I have a dark wood wardrobe in mine that I have to keep and a selection of warm grays and earth tones would tie it all nicely together.

Bu evin en beğendiğim kısmı yatak odası oldu. Hoş ve sade bir misafir yatak odası olurdu bu. Benimkinde orada tutmak durumunda olduğum koyu renk ahşap bir gardrop var, buradaki gibi sıcak griler ve kahverengiler o odaya sıcak ve tamamlanmış bir hava verecektir.


All photos by Daniela Witte for Sköna Hem.

5 comments:

modafobik said...

İnanılmaz bir ev, ah ahhh bir kendi evime çıksam da döşesem diyesim geldi :)

alis said...

Modafobik - Modadan anlayan vakti gelince dekorasyonda da harikalar yaratabilir :)

AN-G said...

I painted my cabinets black 2 years ago an I love them!!!!ni jus found your blog today!!

alis said...

AN-G - Welcome! Are your cabinets made of wood? Mine are some sort of MDF, I don't even know what kind of paint I should use. I have googled it but all I got was some brand names that aren't available here. Oh, and they recommended sanding the cupboards so the paint doesn't chip and peel.

AN-G said...

Yes my cabinets are wood, but there are so many great primers for all
Kinds of materials! I only sanded lightly